Monday, January 26, 2009

Review of Mr. Stephen Sullivan's PowerPoint

Mr. Sullivan's PowerPoint was very helpful in educating me of the different ways to help the sight-impaired. I have a good friend who is also legally blind. It makes me happy to know that there are ways to help her to see the computer better. I had no idea, until I read Mr. Sullivan's PowerPoint, that there is software out there that can help people like my friend to be able to read and understand what they are trying to see on the computer! I am glad that there is a whole array of software out there like screen magnification, screen reader, and voice recognition. I look forward to learning how to use some of these and applying them. I am very excited to be learning how to help future sight-impaired students or friends!
I also had to review another website on this topic. The website http://www.w3.org/WAI/References/Browsing also covers the material that Mr. Sullivan's PowerPoint did. However, this web site went into more detail of the different software's and programs that you can use to help the sight-impaired. This website offers a whole list of different programs and methods that can be used and bought for the sight-impaired and learning disabled. The website gives information for people with disabilities, screen readers, browsers with adaptive technology, voice browsers, and other access methods.

1 comment: