Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WGBH Podcasts

The WGBH section in ITunesU is a very interesting tool for teachers. I have never seen or used this aspect of ITunes and I am very excited to find something like this because it has the potential to be very useful to teachers of every subject and every grade level. I watched a couple of the video podcasts in this section and was amazed at how interesting this mini-lessons are. I can definitely see myself using this in my class.
My favorite WGBH video podcast was the Total Solar Eclipse Animation. This is one of those things that you can't actually witness with your own eyes so that is what made this video so interesting to me. This video did a good job both showing and explaining its subject and content and I could see this video as being very useful in a middle or high school classroom.
I think that it would be a good idea for teachers to use this aspect of ITunes not only to help them teach their class material but also to show students that there are many different places that they can go to learn and research topics of interest. ITunes is mostly used to download music so I believe that if a student knew that these types of educational materials existed in ITunes they would be a little more open to learning and researching for fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment